Ok, so I’m not really a wedding type of guy. Haven’t been married yet, but maybe…still thinking about it. What I do know is that I like weddings and some of the pictures taken at weddings. One time I was at a wedding and I was the DJ. I got to play good music and watch everyone have fun…it was great. I remember one of the guys at the wedding took out his guitar and started playing for everyone…real cool guy. Anyways I’ve decided to write this article about Wedding Photos and how you can enhance them and make them look really cool using Adobe software…which you can find at my website for a really great price.
Go to: www.softwaremetroplis.com
I have better prices than Amazon.com!
Ok enough of the shamless plug and back to the wedding photos.
Some of the software that’s used to edit wedding photos is Adobe Photoshop CS5, or InDesign CS5. Adobe just came out with a new product line of CS5.5, but that’s more for if you want to make applications and images for smartphones and android phones. Either way you’ll find a good description of the software on my website.
Ok, so I will give you an example of what you can do to a wedding photo. Here is an example of a William & Kate wedding photo:
After using Adobe Photoshop software:
Here’s what I did:
1. Downloaded a picture of the William and Kate wedding from the internet (www.google.com)
2. Downloaded a picture of a heart at http://www.sxc.hu.
3. Opened up Adobe Photoshop and opened up the picture of the heart and of William and Kate.
4. Outlined the heart using the tools found in Photoshop.
5. Pasted the heart over the William and Kate picture. After the outline of the heart was over the William and Kate picture I copy and pasted the area that was in the heart. That left me with William and Kate within the parameters of the heart.
6. I copied that image of William and Kate to a new document within Photoshop.
7. Using the blend options found in Photoshop I added a red border, and the I made the background white in the photo.
8. Using the add text tool in Photoshop I added the text “William and Kate.” I looked around for a font I liked and a size I thought look good for the photo. I also made the font red and added a white border so that it would stand out. I added the white border by going to Blending options in Photoshop. Then for the last final touch I added a shadow to the words “William and Kate,” to make it stand out more. I did that by right clicking on the text layer that had the font, then going to “Blending Options,” then I left clicked on “Drop Shadow,” and Voila! My text now had a shadow on it. I love that effect on text…makes it look real professional.
Well hopefully you’re able to get a jist of what I did to the photo. I know I didn’t go too much into detail, but send me a message and I’ll give you more details. You can reach me at the website:
Thanks for looking and have fun with all your photo editing projects!